Enjoying Portland on your bike is easy and fun. The League of American Bicyclists in Washington, D.C. named Maine as the second most bike-friendly state in the country!
Enjoy everything downtown Portland has to offer on your bike. Visit our maps section for bike trails and maps throughout the area.
Bike Rack Locations
Here is a list of bike rack locations within Portland’s Downtown District. For more details on specific locations and a map, click here.
- Milk and Market
- Fore Street Parking Garage, near Fox Court bathrooms
- Casco Bay Ferry Terminal
- Post Office Park – Middle in between Exchange and Market Streets
- Tommy’s Park – Exchange and Middle Streets
- Temple St Parking Garage – inside, near elevator
- Temple Street.
- Lobsterman’s Park
- 8 City Center
- One City Center
- Elm Street, near Portland Public Library
- Monument Square
- Congress St, multiple locations
- Longfellow Square
- Congress Square
- Middle Street
- City Hall
- Spring Street Garage (inside, on Free Street side)
- Congress near Oak Street
- Commercial St
- Fore Street
- Exchange Street
Motorcycle and Moped Parking
Motorcycle and moped parking is available at the following locations.
A map of motorcycle parking locations can be found here.
- Bramhall Street at Hill Street
- Commercial Street at Union Wharf
- Congress Street at Myrtle Street
- High Street between Spring Street and Congress Street
- Myrtle Street at Congress Street
- Silver Street at Fore Street
- State Street at Deering Street
- Temple Street at Free Street