Friday, November 23, 2018 • 5-6:30pm
Come one, come all! Hood Eggnog and Portland Downtown invite you to an evening of entertainment and merriment in Monument Square. Bundle up, enjoy the sights and sounds of the city, and celebrate the official beginning of the holiday season in beautiful downtown Portland, Maine! This is a rain or shine event.
- Tasty samples of Hood Eggnog — try Golden Eggnog and Vanilla Eggnog!
- Emcee Extraordinaire: Meteorologist Sarah Long of WMTW Channel 8 with special guest, AJ Dukette, of 94.9 HOM
- The beloved tunes of Rick Charette & The Bubblegum Band
- Special appearance by Santa Claus
- A “wish kid” from Make-A-Wish Maine will officially light the tree around 6:15pm!
- Free Horse & Wagon Rides (4-8pm)
Plus: Take a stroll and feast your eyes on the gorgeous holiday window displays throughout downtown. Cast a vote for your favorite!
About Rick Charette
As a singer and songwriter, Maine’s own Rick Charette has been capturing the hearts and spirits of young and old alike with his delightful and inspiring children’s songs. His performances blend original contemporary pop music and lyrics with imaginative activities that generate all kinds of audience participation.
Rick has released twelve albums, two children’s picture books and three live concert videos, which are distributed nationally and have sold well over a quarter million copies to date. In 2009, he recorded his 3rd DVD of a live concert filmed at Deertrees Theater in Harrison, Maine in which several new songs were debuted, in addition to a new version of his timeless classic “I Love Mud.” His 12th album “Seven Ate Nine!” (a collection of new original songs) was released in June 2016.