Have fun. Give back. Volunteer!
If you love Portland and would like to support a small nonprofit that makes a BIG impact in our community, Portland Downtown may be the perfect place for you to volunteer.
Our team believes in working hard and having FUN, and we are dedicated to making your volunteer experience as rewarding as possible! Depending on your availability, skill set and interests, we offer a variety of volunteer positions. They include:
Office Volunteer: Nestled in the heart of the Arts District on Congress Street, the Portland Downtown office is always bustling! Our office volunteers help us tremendously with projects such as mailings, data entry and general administrative support.
Event Volunteer: From the Old Port Festival in June to Merry Madness in December, our major community events require “all hands on deck.” When it comes to pre-event prep and day-of to-dos: the more, the merrier!
Distribution Volunteer: Throughout the year, Portland Downtown hand-delivers printed promotional materials to every first-floor business in the downtown footprint (Old Port and Arts District). If you like to be active and on your feet, this might be the job for you!
Downtown Clean Team Volunteer: Want to help keep Portland beautiful? Our Downtown Clean Team Volunteers are on the front line of cleanliness downtown and are an essential component to creating a positive first impression of Portland for visitors and a sense of pride for business owners and residents.
- Be a part of the team that makes Downtown Portland an awesome place to live, work and play
- Support a well-connected, well-respected nonprofit organization
- Network with a wide range of community members including downtown business owners, Portland Downtown staff & board of directors and other volunteers
- Enjoy free swag such as Portland Downtown t-shirts and tote bags
- Have fun while building skills and professional relationships!
Ready to join the fun?
Please click the button below to complete a brief volunteer application. If you have any questions, please email Adam.