Friday, November 29, 2019 • 4:30pm-6:30pm
Hood Eggnog, MEMIC, and Portland Downtown invite you to an evening of entertainment and merriment in Monument Square. Bundle up, enjoy the sights and sounds of the city, and celebrate the official beginning of the holiday season in beautiful downtown Portland, Maine! This is a rain, snow, or shine event.
Things To Do & See:
- Enjoy the music of Northern Pitch and Maine Academy of Modern Music.
- Taste delicious complimentary eggnog. Our Presenting Sponsor, Hood Eggnog, is back to wish you season’s greetings!
- Take a group pic (or a selfie!) at our custom-made Ice Photo Frame created by SubZero Ice Carvings.
- Try maple taffy (also known as Sugar on Snow) with Cooke’s Maple Farm.
- Enjoy a free horse & wagon ride through our historic downtown. Rides will operate from 4:00pm to 8:30pm.
- Watch an ice carving demo. Be “wowed” as our friends at SubZero Ice Carvings create a work of art out of a solid block of ice.
- Create-Your-Own-Holiday Card. Pick your own design and add creative flare with our coloring & arts supplies.
- Grab a tasty treat from The Marshmallow Cart or Eighty 8 Donuts.
- Warm up in the warming hut. Portland Public Library‘s cozy atrium will be open if you need a warm-up. Plus: enjoy a quick scavenger hunt around the building with a small treat as a prize at the end!
- Countdown to the tree lighting! Emcee Sarah Long, a “wish kid” from Make-A-Wish® Maine, and Santa & Mrs. Claus will lead the countdown at 6:00pm sharp.
- Take a stroll and enjoy our amazing holiday window displays!