Saving Portland’s Vital Small Businesses
Small, independent businesses need us now more than ever. The pandemic has bruised our local economy and, every day, more and more business owners face impossible decisions.
In 2020 and beyond, Portland Downtown and Portland Buy Local are joining forces for a critical initiative we call Mission 3/65. The concept is simple: Pick 3. Spend 65. Support the businesses you love.
Please join us as we thank, celebrate, and uplift the locally owned businesses that are the heart and soul of Portland. Stay tuned for updates and fun challenges – and take our Mission 3/65 pledge!
Resources for Local Shopping & Dining
- Portland Downtown’s 2020-2021 Downtown Directory: Need a refresher on all of the amazing shops & restaurants downtown? Flip through our annual directory – it lists over 600 downtown businesses – plus there’s a handy walking map.
- Portland Buy Local’s 2020 Gift Guide: When you shop at a locally owned, independent business, 76% more of your money stays right here in our community. Check out this Gift Guide to find treasures for everyone on your list.
- Portland Buy Local’s Port City Gift Swap: Portland Buy Local has launched the the first ever city-wide local gift exchange: the Port City Gift Swap. It’s open to all residents of the Greater Portland area (18+) and you can sign up now. But hurry! Registration ends December 16th.
- Black-Owned Maine: In addition to offering micro-grants to Black-owned families and businesses, BOM hosts a comprehensive online directory of Black-owned businesses in Maine. The directory is filterable by region and category.
- Portland Food Map: As the definitive guide to Portland’s food scene, Portland Food Map’s website contains a great deal of information about local takeout, delivery, and provisions options.