What do you get when you combine fabulous downtown shopping with the spirit of giving? Shop For A Cause Day, of course!
When you shop at any of our participating locations on Saturday, June 8th, a portion of your purchase will directly benefit an outstanding local nonprofit organization: LearningWorks.
Shop For A Cause, now held twice a year, aims to raise money and awareness for local organizations, while also supporting our amazing small business community. It’s a win-win for all, so shop your heart out to make a difference!
About the beneficiary
Our nonprofit beneficiary, LearningWorks, reimagines learning through innovative programs that help children, adults, and families realize their potential and build thriving communities. Its programs include Service Works, which provides community service projects for young people making amends for non-violent offenses as a positive alternative to juvenile justice system involvement. Service Works participants spend time writing about their experiences, reflecting on their behavior, setting goals for the future, and giving back by participating in such activities as volunteering at a food pantry, serving a community meal, or rehabilitating a public space by removing graffiti. To learn more about the work and impact of LearningWorks, please click here.
- Arcana – 81 Market Street
- Coffee By Design – All Locations
- Cool As A Moose – 388 Fore Street
- Dean’s Sweets – 475 Fore Street
- Edgecomb Potters – 145 Commercial Street
- The Fish and Bone – 195 Commercial Street
- Folia Jewelry – 50 Exchange Street
- Land of Treasure – 2 Wharf Street
- LeRoux Kitchen – 161 Commercial Street
- Lisa-Marie’s Made in Maine, Inc. – 35 Exchange Street
- Maine Craft Portland – 521 Congress Street
- Maine Duck Tours – 177 Commercial Street
- Market Square Jewelers – 17 Exchange Street
- Mexicali Blues, Inc. – 9 & 10 Moulton Street
- Old Port Spirits & Cigars – 79 Commercial Street
- Salt Cellar – 172 Middle Street
- Portmanteau – 3 Wharf Street
- Se Vende – 4 Exchange Street
- SKORDO – 372 Fore Street
- Something’s Fishy – 32 Exchange Street
- Treehouse Toys – 47 Exchange Street
- Uncommon Paws – 13 Exchange Street
- Vena’s Fizz House – 345 Fore Street